Let me begin by thanking you for your consideration in allowing Yankee Propane to service your propane needs. We understand that the current level of propane prices has created issues for all parties and we wanted to ensure you that we are doing everything in our power to minimize the impact.
Propane wholesale costs are at near record levels due to a number of factors including starting the heating season with higher than usual demand for crop drying coupled with recent extreme cold temperatures throughout the country. Although our diversified purchasing strategy has enabled us to maintain our necessary inventory levels, wholesale propane prices are beyond our control. If the cost of propane has created a significant hardship for you, please don’t hesitate to contact the office to discuss what options are available.
Even though we have offered Prebuy and Budget plans in the past, we plan on coming out with some new attractive fixed price programs in the spring to protect customers from the changing prices. Keep an eye out for more information.
We have also recently revised our website including:
- Customer account information including usage and payment history, outstanding balance, etc.
- Ability to pay bills online through credit card or e-check payments
- Services offered by Yankee Propane along with Frequently Asked Questions
- Locations of our business partners who sell propane for gas grills, etc.
- Safety information regarding propane
- Energy saving tips! (which are very appropriate during these times…)
- “Pay Your Bill Online” tab on the right hand side of the main menu
- Sign Up” icon on the lower right hand side of the “Log In” box
- “Create New User” box
- “Customer ID” – a six letter ID (all capital letters) found on the upper right hand side of your statement under “Account No.”. This is normally based on the 1st three letters of the customer’s last name followed by the 1st three letters of their first name. [I realize that is confusing with the “Account No.” which in actuality is a six digit number…this is due to a systems issue with our statements that we are in the process of correcting]
- “Customer No.” – a six digit number directly under the “Account No.” on the upper right hand side of your statement.
- “Email” – use whatever email address that is appropriate
From all of us at Yankee Propane, best wishes and regards.