- Selling, installing and servicing propane boilers, furnaces, space heaters, hot water heaters, fire logs and generators
- Installing and servicing all other propane appliances including ranges, dryers, etc.
- Installing all sizes of propane tanks including the excavation for burying underground tanks and the trenching for underground lines
Yankee Propane News
Especially after last winter, all of us here at Yankee Propane wanted to afford our valued customers some options to assist them with controlling their propane costs. Accordingly, we will be offering some new programs and making some positive changes on existing ones.
Pre Buy ProgramThe best value from a propane cost standpoint. You would pre pay your propane cost based on your expected winter usage affording you the best price available at the time. We in turn would purchase a fixed wholesale contract to protect/lock in your price for the contract period. During the contract period you would receive statements showing your actual usage versus your remaining credit balance.
Fixed Price Budget ProgramA new program that affords our customers the benefits of equal payments while at the same time locking in their propane price. In this case you would make 11 equal payments based on your expected winter usage. As in the Pre Buy Program we would purchase a fixed wholesale contract to protect/lock in your price. During the contract period you would receive statements showing your actual usage versus your remaining credit or debit balance. Budget Propane customers do not receive a monthly invoice for their budget payments which are due on the 15th of every month through the contract period.
The following chart should give you an idea of the pricing trend and potential savings through taking advantage of one of our fixed price programs.
There is potential risk with locking in your price if the propane wholesale market goes against historical trends and decreases during the winter months. In that case you would still have the contractual obligations since we would have purchased the fixed price propane contracts on your behalf. Any contracted gallons remaining at the end of the contract period will be carried over to the next year's program.
To take advantage of either of these programs you must be an automatic delivery customer in addition to having no outstanding balance at the time of signing up.
If you wish to participate in either of these programs, please fill out and return the appropriate attached form along with a check or credit card information by August 15th 2014. If you participate in the Fixed Price Budget Program you can make your future payments online at www.yankeepropane.com
Download the forms by clicking on one of the links below:
Let me begin by thanking you for your consideration in allowing Yankee Propane to service your propane needs. We understand that the current level of propane prices has created issues for all parties and we wanted to ensure you that we are doing everything in our power to minimize the impact.
Propane wholesale costs are at near record levels due to a number of factors including starting the heating season with higher than usual demand for crop drying coupled with recent extreme cold temperatures throughout the country. Although our diversified purchasing strategy has enabled us to maintain our necessary inventory levels, wholesale propane prices are beyond our control. If the cost of propane has created a significant hardship for you, please don’t hesitate to contact the office to discuss what options are available.
Even though we have offered Prebuy and Budget plans in the past, we plan on coming out with some new attractive fixed price programs in the spring to protect customers from the changing prices. Keep an eye out for more information.
We have also recently revised our website including:
- Customer account information including usage and payment history, outstanding balance, etc.
- Ability to pay bills online through credit card or e-check payments
- Services offered by Yankee Propane along with Frequently Asked Questions
- Locations of our business partners who sell propane for gas grills, etc.
- Safety information regarding propane
- Energy saving tips! (which are very appropriate during these times…)
- “Pay Your Bill Online” tab on the right hand side of the main menu
- Sign Up” icon on the lower right hand side of the “Log In” box
- “Create New User” box
- “Customer ID” – a six letter ID (all capital letters) found on the upper right hand side of your statement under “Account No.”. This is normally based on the 1st three letters of the customer’s last name followed by the 1st three letters of their first name. [I realize that is confusing with the “Account No.” which in actuality is a six digit number…this is due to a systems issue with our statements that we are in the process of correcting]
- “Customer No.” – a six digit number directly under the “Account No.” on the upper right hand side of your statement.
- “Email” – use whatever email address that is appropriate
From all of us at Yankee Propane, best wishes and regards.